Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Birthday

First and foremost, a very happy birthday to a very special person. She knows who she is and I hope that she has an amazing day and that she knows I love her very much and will always love her very much - whatever happens. 

Have you ever listened to a song that can provoke emotion? I'm guessing you answered yes. Usually these types of songs are the most important because it means that you're relating to the song and thus - you're experiencing emotions that both you and the artist/song-writer - and probably many other people out there - have experienced at some point or another. Whether the emotions are good, or whether they're bad, it honestly doesn't matter because it's better to feel any emotion than none at all. The following song amazes me because it has a unique effect on me. Many songs make me feel sad. Many make me feel happy. Most songs in general can provoke almost any feeling if the lyrics and artist work hard enough at trying to provoke that emotion. But not many - in fact hardly any - have ever made me feel both sad and happy, both worried and relaxed, both powerful and helpless, all at the same time. The following song I stumbled across on Pandora, by mere chance, and have since been obsessed about. Enjoy "Any Other Name" by Thomas Newman. 


Oh if you're wondering what Pandora is, it's a "radio website" located here however I believe it is only located in the US, which kinda sucks.

I've always been a big NigaHiga fan, ever since his old videos such as "How to be a ninja", "How to be gangster", "How to be emo" etc. He's a hugely entertaining guy. A few months ago (ok well - 11 months ago to be precise) he released an awesome music video of an awesome song, namely "Nice guys". I loved it, so much so that I bought the song off iTunes. His music is very comedic, kinda like Julian Smith (if you can't remember who this is or don't know who this is, check my previous entries), yet he still actually has the ability to hold a tune, and a catchy tune at that. A relatively recent music video he released (March 2012) is of the same style to "Nice guys", both of them quite funny and still actually enjoyable in terms of the lyrics and musical composition. I'ma link both of them for you, hopefully you'll subscribe to his youtube channel (located here : http://www.youtube.com/user/nigahiga) and view some of his older, more classic videos, which also deserve praise in their own right.



Hunger games. It's all I've been seeing recently. Alright, I'm slightly late with the hype, but the trailer does interest me. Plus it's another trilogy (I love trilogies) that I can read. If you haven't heard much about this, I recommend you do some researching/google-ing/youtube-ing to check out the finer details. A close friend of mine informed me that she simply loves both the book and film series, and she has similar taste to me, so I'll be giving out a review on the first book soon. I've decided I'd like to read the books (at least the first one) before I watch the film though, so I'm saving that for later (the film). Can't order the book off of Amazon though - which kinda sucks - because I'm moving soon and I don't want it to arrive after I move states. I'll probably either order it online when I'm in NY, or I'll simply buy it from a bookstore if I pass one by in the next few weeks. Here's the movie trailer:




Two more working days left! I'm pretty ampt. I'll only be moving to NY in a week or two, but still. Having a few days off work will be nice. Less stress, more chill, haha. Hope all of you out there are keeping it chilled, appreciated the things and/or people in your life that make you smile. No worries - Hakuna Matata, right?




God, I loved The Lion King when I was younger. In fact I still do. This calls for a song! In the shower at least.. (starts taking off clothes while singing along with Timon and Pumba)



Mike

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I really loved the song: Any Other Name by Thomas Newman. It is a beautiful piece, I would like to learn how to play it on piano.. Hunger Games was a good movie but not nearly as good as Marvel The Avengers! :)

    ReplyDelete