Has to be some of the most inspiring lyrics I've listened to in a long time. Mumford and Sons really are one of the best acoustic bands in the history of everything.
The full song:
Definitely worth buying their album "Sigh No More". I loved every single song on it. Literally, some of the best folk rock you will ever listen to. Hope is a very special thing. And after listening to that album you will have bucket loads of hope.
I miss her the most at night. I think at night, is when it's easiest for people to experience emotions at their full extreme. Whether they be positive or negative emotions. It's just you, your thoughts and the darkness. Unless you have someone else in your bed of course, haha. That's the obvious solution I guess, never sleep alone. Anyone need a bunk mate?
Time to show some appreciation for my family. My step mom is an amazing photographer and if you're from South Africa and are looking for a wedding photographer (or any photographer for that matter) I'd suggest you take a look at her website located here (click me). She is extremely friendly and yet also very professional. Even if you aren't looking for a photographer, why not take a gander at some of her work.
Time to show some appreciation for my family. My step mom is an amazing photographer and if you're from South Africa and are looking for a wedding photographer (or any photographer for that matter) I'd suggest you take a look at her website located here (click me). She is extremely friendly and yet also very professional. Even if you aren't looking for a photographer, why not take a gander at some of her work.
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (commonly known simply as "IZ") is another inspiring singer. He is very well known for his famous renditions of "Somewhere over the rainbow" and "What a wonderful world". Unfortunately, due to the fact that he was morbidly obese for almost all of his life, in June 1997 he was hospitalized and passed away due to multiple respiratory and weight related problems. His legacy still lives on, with his videos/songs being some of the most watched among even the most prominent youtube musicians, even though he died nearly 15 years ago.
His most watched video has 68 million views which just goes to show you, hope is contagious. Here are "Somewhere over the rainbow" and "What a wonderful world" respectively.
I got my offer letter today (well yesterday South African or EU/UK time). Even though I had been offered the job informally, this was an official letter which I signed and faxed back. With this official date, I organized for my last working day to be the 13th of May, which is Mother's Day coincidentally. I definitely need to find my mom a decent gift to show her my appreciation. She's always been there for me, like most moms will have been there for their children. And that deserves the highest form of appreciation. So with my last day being Mother's Day, I should have a few days off before I begin my journey to New York. I would like to try visit my Aunt and Uncle in Tampa, Florida - haven't seen family in awhile and kinda feel like maybe that would be a form of a release with all the shit that's happened the past month or so. You can never get enough of family.
Diablo 3 comes out on the 15th of May though! So I might have to take my pc there or something, haha! So ampt for that to be released, already pre purchased and pre downloaded the game, so as the clock strikes midnight I'll be online, jamming! Not much else to say about it, haha, just thought I'd share my excitement.
Don't really have much to say at this moment in time. I really only enjoying writing when I really have something passionate to write about, not merely writing for the sake of writing. So tonight I'm going to cut this entry relatively short.
I love sunrises and sunsets.
They make me smile.
Maybe this'll try emulate that sense of appreciation for them.

Looking foward to seeing you in New York, think you're gonna love it! Time Square at night is awesome, all the lights, just to stand still amoungst the busy crowds and look. Gives you another persective of how small we are and how huge the world is. So much to see and so little time..
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you too! Six months is a lot of time to try see it all! :D We can do it ;)
Delete