Yes, I have arrived. In fact - I've been here since last week Friday. Sorry for the lack of blog entries, been relatively busy recently. When I arrived on Friday, it was a long day with all of the paper work, the HR business, sexual harassment videos, workplace safety, etc. For those of you who have worked in any professional environment you'll know what I'm referring to. On Saturday, Sunday and Monday it was Memorial Day weekend here in the States, so we were tossed right into the frying pan (not sure if that's the right expression) and as such it's been pretty hectic. But the club itself is really cool. It seems a lot more laid back than my previous club in Florida. The people are much younger, and the general vibe is pretty chilled. The accommodation is "decent". I mean - it's simply a bed and bathroom that I've been provided with in my room, but I guess it's free so - can't complain right? Plus, the view is awesome. Here's the balcony view:
![]() |
| Grand Central Station |
![]() |
| The famous Oyster Bar Restaurant |
![]() |
| Times Square |
![]() |
| Broadway Avenue |
![]() |
| The Hard Rock Cafe |
![]() |
| Celebratory Double Fist Pump |
![]() |
| My favourite Times Square photo |
Even though we did only stay five hours or so, the whole trip was amazing. I'm definitely going back next week. I LOVE NYC. Literally. You know - like those hoodies always say? [I <3 NYC].
Two days off was nice, got to spend sometime by the pool as well. The General Manager is pretty chilled here, he allows us to use the gym and fitness centre once most of the members have left (+- 9-11pm in the evening) so hopefully it'll be motivation enough for me to actually get fit. Going to set myself some goals, and try to get in there for at least half an hour every day for the next six months.
The people that I work and live with here are also really awesome. Very friendly. I'm looking forward to this season, I'm optimistic. Currently listening to a song by Jason Mraz that actually perfectly depicts how I feel, so I'm going to share that feeling with you guys. Here's "Living In The Moment":
"I will not waste my days
Peace in my heart - peace in my soul. This is what I strive to feel every day from here onward. Sure, this might not always be possible. But for a large majority of the time I believe that it is achievable.
Have a good week folks, I'm starved so I'm gonna see what snacks I can find lying around, haha.
Cheers.
Mike








awwh!sounds super duper awesome! liking the pictures lol I think i would be just as overwhelmed :) so lucky!!
ReplyDeleteThis is simply amazing, Mike! I find myself being so excited looking at these pictures! It must be a whole different world, I hope to see it with you someday! But don't go fall in love with a NY girl now, we want you back here soon! xxx
ReplyDelete