One of the more popular, yet-to-be released songs from this new album, is "Ghosts" or "Ghosts we knew" (even Mumford and Sons don't have an actual title for the song yet). I've been listening to it over and over while typing this, enjoying the emotion that throbs deeply within the song (that description sounded somewhat sexual however I will choose to ignore that and move along swiftly, haha). It's not as optimistic as previous songs by them, but definitely as beautiful, if not more so - than some of their previous work. Take a listen here and let me know what you think.
The lyrics are somewhat touching. The person who wrote these songs and felt these emotions clearly felt pain but also believed in redemption and hope. Something I guess I'm holding onto at this exact moment, perhaps that's why I enjoy the song so much, haha. I especially enjoy the four last lines of every verse;
"So give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
Cause oh that gave me such a fright
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we’ll be alright"
So I have six working days left in Florida, at my current country club, BallenIsles. After six months, time does seem to be going incredibly slowly. I yearn for this new adventure. New people, new places, new work environment, new things to experience, and hopefully new inspiration.
My last day is the thirteenth, I don't know when I actually fly up north to New York just yet, but I will be thankful for the few days rest - hopefully I can spend it with my uncle and aunt in Tampa. Whenever I seek advice or love, family is always the place where I can find it - in unlimited amounts. I miss my family back in South Africa every single day, so the fact that I have a part of my family here is very peace provoking (is that even a word/phrase? Oh well I just used it).
I sent a package with FedEx recently. I hope it arrives. It's on FedEx priority, and it's going from the United States to Ireland, they said it should take two days. I bloody well hope so, it cost a fortune. I'm hoping it arrives before a special someones birthday. I've never really sent parcels overseas before. Sure - I've purchased items, and had them delivered but this is different, especially considering I'm expecting it to go from one continent to another in the space of two days. Well, fingers crossed, it'll arrive safe and sound and my message - and it's contents - may arrive safely.
I've nearly finished The Inbetweeners season three. I'm going to be so sad once it's finished. At least I'll have the movie to watch, but after that I'll have to find some new Brit comedy to keep my spirits sky high. A friend told me about "Little Britain" so I'll "acquire" that sometime soon. I don't know how long it'll take to get fast internet in my new apartment once I'm in New York, so I might need to stock up on some games/series/films for the time being. Hopefully I won't be inside TOO much, as I have said previously, I'd like to experience the culture and society that is New York.
I'm also extremely excited for my ALL TIME favourite bands' new album. Linkin Park was the first artist I ever bought an album of. With my own cash. I can't wait for their new stuff. June 26th is when Living Things is set to be released. Their first single from the album, namely "Burn it down" I thoroughly enjoyed, and can't wait to hear what else they've come up with. People complain that they're changing their style too recklessly, but I believe every band has to change, and morph into what they feel comfortable with. As we both know, change is inevitable. Here's "Burn it down", enjoy.
This experimentation process they're busy with has actually brought forward a lot of relatively softer stuff, compared to their older songs. My favourite song from their previous album, "A Thousand Suns", is the song "The Messenger" which actually is a song that lifts me up every time I listen to it, without fail. It's also soft - even somewhat acoustic - yet it doesn't lack any of the emotion you felt in their previous work. You could even say it trumps some of their previous songs, with regards to the emotions you experience when you hear the lyrics synergizing with the instruments and rhythm of the song. At least in my opinion that is. We're all entitled to our own opinion, right? Perhaps because of who I think of when I listen to the song, this could be the reason why I enjoy playing it on repeat for half an hour at times, haha.
The other night I watched The Avengers at the cinema.
Oh, my, god. What a film. Seriously. I haven't even watched Thor or Captain America, although I do have copies of both of them and will be watching them sometime soon after marveling (you see what I did there?) at how amazing and brilliant The Avengers truly was. It was even more funny than I thought it would be, with the whole cinema splitting at their sides in certain scenes. I would highly recommend everyone go watch this movie if you aren't doing anything this weekend. In fact, book the tickets now while you're online - go on, do it. With a rating of 8.8 on imdb, you know it's good. If you're still not convinced, how about the fact that the film has made roughly $640 million since it's release, only three days ago (although truth be told there was a world premiere on April 11th, however I'm sure that can't have made too much as far as box office $$ goes). Ok, so, you still don't believe me yet? Well watch the trailer yourself then, fools (try to ignore the fact that the TRAILER has 5 million views, haha).
Also on, on a "P.S" kinda note, I always appreciate feedback, whether it be good or bad, or comments and suggestions. If you liked reading this, why not click towards the bottom of the article "Share on facebook", or simply leave me a comment and tell me how great/awful my entries are. I really appreciate any acknowledgement of my writing ability, even if it's not good acknowledgement. At least it means people are reading these and some may be enjoying them. Have a good week guys, happy Monday, haha!
It's going to be hard saying goodbye to Florida. However I welcome the new adventure. NYC here I come.
Mike


Awful. Just awful :P. Loved Burn It Down :D Keep on writing, lost boy x
ReplyDeletehaha! I'm glad you enjoyed the single :)
DeleteI shall if you do too, remember our deal?
xx
Another good Linkin Park on its way..
ReplyDeleteDad
Indeed
DeleteLove you and miss you guys every day Dad.
the avangers - awesomest movie ever *yes, awesomest is a word now* :P wish i could view all of these videos aaaarg, ;) i dont think I've heard any new songs from linken paark lately, I didn even know - I'm so delayed...
ReplyDeleteso much blond in this post - im so sorry XD
Delete